L3 (Life, Learning, Leadership) is a new project launched by the nonprofit organization End Malaria Now. L3 is a program that seeks to provide support services to children and youth in underserved communities throughout Africa and the US, in the efforts to improve their quality of life. We aspire to motivate young people to overcome their circumstances and develop into leaders and facilitators of change within their communities.
The Community Outreach Ambassador (COA) Field Manager is responsible for the direct supervision of all COA field employees and ensuring that they represent the organization to the best of their ability, while meeting fundraising goals in an effective and efficient manner. Must be able to train, develop, supervise, and manage the COA staff to do high quality community outreach, while performing administrative tasks that will support the COA staff. The COA Field Manager will act as a role model who will educate, understand, and hold staff accountable to organizational policies and procedures.
Key Skills Required:
- Door-to-Door Experience
- Face-to-face Fundraising and/or Canvassing
- Energetic, Eager & Passionate
- Reliable & Trustworthy
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to lead by example in the field
- Flexibility to work evenings & weekends
- Must be willing to alternate working in office and on the field
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the daily operations of all field employees to ensure that safety is the main focus at all times
- Works with the administration and develop staff to ensure fundraising expectations are being met in a timely and efficient manner.
- These tasks include: hiring, directing, training, counseling, and disciplining employees.
- Perform observations by conducting site visits to scheduled COA locations
- Ability to provide timely, concise and relevant information to superiors and subordinates.
- Promote teamwork and cooperation within all departments, while being a positive messenger of change.
- Provide internal reporting for performance.
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Meet/exceed all fundraising and organizing standards and responsibilities
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 1+ years of related industry work
- Excellent computer skills including Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to relate to all levels within the organization
- Able to work all hours required, including evenings and weekends
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation
- Proficiency with Microsoft and Google Docs
- $12 / hr starting pay, with opportunity for promotion to salary
- Performance-based bonuses awarded per month
3415 S. Sepulveda Blvd, Ste #1100
Los Angeles, CA 90034